Sunday, June 2, 2013

Joined a Blog Hop

I am participating in Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop from Plum and June. (which officially begins on June 9) I have been following blogs for a few months and thought this would be a good way to interact, learn and meet other bloggers.  Of course, I rarely do anything the easy way so I am jumping in with both feet.  I am already having trouble adding buttons, despite reading directions umpteen times and getting kicked off my own post.  This might be a case of "call the tech savvy sister!"

Since I am new, I thought I would give you an idea of where I sew and quilt.  Pardon the pictures, I am still learning!
Yes, I am using 2 machines! I switch back and forth.

This is my newest machine.  A Viking 875.

Here's a sampling of my stash.  It's actually under  my work table.



I'm working on several projects at once (Isn't that what everyone does?)  The center picture above is a quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison  - Gumdrops designed by Amanda Jean.  I love the quilt.  The quilting is labor intensive as I am doing bubble/cobblestone quilting that I am teaching myself.  What was I thinking!!!




I also have a few flimsies ready to be quilted.

And here are this weekend's finishes-

Gifts for my classroom volunteers

I look forward to hearing from you - 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! And thank you for inviting us into your sewing space. I see so many people making projects from Sunday Morning Quilts - pretty sure it's time for me to get that book for myself. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to getting to know you!

      Delete
  2. Hello RobinSue! I am also participating in the blog hop! Nice to meet you. I am a new follower! Lorna:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! It is so much fun meeting all the other newbees. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to meet you! I love your pink block quilt waiting to be quilted. Can't wait to see it all done! It's lovely! Welcome to blogger land! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see your quilt from Sunday Morning.." it's such a fab book! Love your pink HST quilt, gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm adding you to my long list of blogs to follow. I've been contemplating starting a blog for awhile now so I'm interested in seeing how you progress. Love your quilts that you are showing so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!