Monday, September 30, 2013

Falling Behind

I'm a bit behind in everything these days.  I am keeping up with 2 bees - which I thought would be impossible and isn't.  The longest part of making the bee blocks is choosing the fabric.  So satisfying to have a finish.

The latest blocks are for Gwendellyn at The Rainbow Revolts.  She asked for the Scrappy Trip Along block.  I looked at her samples and then back at my scrap stash.  Hmmm.  My stash is so varied; go for bold, subdued or a combination.  I finally decided on keeping the two blocks similar within the same color palette. I loved making this block.  Quick, easy and a perfect block to practice the scant 1/4" seam.






I finally made the time to finish piecing all the curves for my Orange Peel quilt.  Lots and lots of pinning required.  Lots of seam ripping, pressing and re-doing.  Now that everything is a square, it will piece together quickly.  I'm very excited!  


Sadly, I have no other fabric cut for the long list ahead.  I ambitiously planned to keep up with Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt-A-Long, and yet, I have tons of fabric and not one piece cut.  Like I said, I'm falling behind.  

I'm itching to get creative so off to the cutting mat I go!



Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I got these in the other day!! Thank you so much, love the different shades of pink and brown - sort of raspberry chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blocks. I hear ya about being behind... Work has sucked all my spare energy and time since the end of august :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blocks! I really want to make an orange peel quilt. Those curves look amazing!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. The orange peel blocks are fab. Curves scare me but I would love to make one of these quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!