Sunday, September 1, 2013

The List

I'm sure many of you are like me - lots of lists.  I have more to-do lists than one person should write.  I have lists for reading, work, the house, projects and of course, quilting - and I am sure that's not all.

Happily,  I can say that I can check off 2 projects!

First Check:  I completed my first bee swap blocks for Scap-bee-licioius (my first bee ever!).  Our first Queen is Ashley from Wasn't Quilt in A Day.





 I am glad Ashley chose a block I had never made - Converging Corners.  The tutorial from Ashley @ Film in the Fridge was super easy to follow!

scrappy, corners,bee blocks

scrappy, bee block, converging
I like them so much I plan on doing this pattern for myself - so easy, fun and scrap friendly!



Second Check:   I completed the Red, White & Blue quilt - you'll have to wait for the photos.  I was working until the last minute the recipient was to receive it at a birthday party. I managed to deliver it just in time, a bit damp but clean.   No time for photos, but the party organizer said she will take photos for me and I will post them ASAP.


Where does this leave me with the list?  I am ready to make my block for The Global Scrap Bee hosted by Adrienne from Chezzetcook Modern Quilts, begin my Scrappy Trip Along block for Gwendellyn from The Rainbow Revolts, cut fabric for at least two more quilts and sew blocks for my Orange Peel quilt that I cut at the beginning of summer.   And the list?  It didn't get smaller.  While I was checking off the two projects, I thought of at least three more I want to do!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Two very beautiful blocks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list never does get shorter does it! Great blocks! I'd like to make one of these for myself too. Ashley's quilt is shaping up to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!