For January, our Queen Bee, Sara, asked for the Lone Star Hexagon. I was a bit nervous when I saw this block - 60 degree angles! This was definitely a challenge! And the size! Her colors were grey, coral, navy, black and aqua. Aqua was tough for me. Exactly what shade was she looking for? I used my color wheel to choose -hope I made good choices.
|Block 1 - in progress|
|Block 2 - in progress|
I took my time making these blocks; checking the measurements of each strip, recutting strips, checking seam allowances, ripping seams, re-sewing the strips in the correct order and finally arrived at the finished product. Sara asked that the blocks be left untrimmed.
When I finished these blocks I thought I would probably not choose to make these again, and then, I started browsing my quilt books and magazines for future projects and decided to commit to making this quilt, All Star.
Thanks to this experience, I feel confident in the 60 degree angles and making large blocks. Committing to this quilt for the 2014 Library Project QAL.
Thanks for stopping by!