Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Black, White & Yellow

Here's the story:  My husband wants a quilt.  Okay.  A quilt he shall get.  It took forever for him to choose colors.  Finally, he chose - black, white and yellow.  So I started shopping.



My first attempt at choosing fabrics for him.  Fairly successful but not in love with this group.  No matter what, I was using the taxi fabric!  Then I shopped some more and purchased other black, white and yellow fabrics.  Did I have a plan?  Of course not!


Looking for inspiration, I browsed several magazines and saw this block by Amy Smart, All Roads Lead Home, in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks,  Vol 8.



Not sure how this would look, I took out the graph paper & colored it in.  Hubby said he liked it.





I started cutting and making a plan.....




48 blocks later......and lots of trimming



Start the layout on the design wall....


And keep going.....

Here's half the quilt on the wall. I have a bit more trimming and then I'll begin sewing the blocks.  With any luck, I'll get the top pieced by Sunday.  

Check back in a few weeks (it'll take me at least that) an see the finished quilt!

Linking up with Let's Bee Social and WIP Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. This is an excellent "man quilt." Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great block - he's a lucky man !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the palette you are going with here, Robin Sue! What a fabulous block, too! I wonder how your blocks would look in a more random layout? Just curious! Looking good, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this? Bet he's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He checks my progress daily. He can't wait!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!