Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Pinwheels Coming Right Up!

I bounce from project to project.  Do you?  I have several projects, in different stages, from thinking and dreaming to cutting, sewing and basting, all going on at once.

This project is in the works.  A Pinwheel Quilt for a sweet little girl, and of course, there was a pattern to inspire me but.........

If you've read any of my posts, you know I'm a terrible one for sticking with a pattern - this time I didn't even bother to read the measurements so my HSTs were oversized.


half square triangles, HST



I have no idea how many I made - I just kept cutting and sewing and trimming.


trimming, pink and green




Next step, count the pieces and match them up.  Sew, sew and sew some more.  Add side and bottom sashing and then iron!  

half square triangles, hast


Coming up:  Tape the batting to the wall, (my current method for a design wall) and arrange the blocks.  With any luck and lots of sewing time, this little quilt will be completed very soon.

As always, thank you for stopping by!


Linking up:
 Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
 Show and Tell Tuesday @ ihavetosay

3 comments:

  1. oh yes, I always have loads of projects on the go! Love your approach - glance at a pattern and then just go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to work on more than one project at a time.... But I can see how it can be very hard to resist! Your pile of hst's in progress look very pretty! Such happy spring colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patterns make great inspiration. I once heard that if you didn't have at least 6 different projects on the go, you weren't a real quilter. I responded "Only 6!!!!". I like having multiple projects so I can work on what I have time for or am in the mood for. There's going to be a very happy little girl on the receiving end of that quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comments make me smile!